Coursework is a critical part of Cadet advancement. Each promotion requires a specific course to be completed.
All coursework is submitted using the online Polaris portal. It is recommended to make a paper backup using the NSCTNG028 bubble answer sheet.
- E-1: Seaman Recruit Orientation (Polaris Login)
- E-2: Seaman Apprentice (Polaris Login)
- E-3: Seaman (Polaris Login)
- E-4: Petty Officer Third Class (NAVEDTRA 14504 – Assignments 1 & 2)
- E-5: Petty Officer Second Class (NAVEDTRA 14504 – Assignments 3-5)
- E-6: Petty Officer First Class (NAVEDTRA 14145)
- E-7: Chief Petty Officer (NAVEDTRA 14144)
This optional coursework provides instruction, background, and training on specific areas of the Navy. It is highly recommended to complete each one to have a more thorough understanding of all aspects of the United States Navy, and to be better prepared for assorted advanced trainings.
- Basic Military Requirements obsolete (NAVEDTRA 14325)
- Seaman obsolete (NAVEDTRA 14067)
- Airman (NAVEDTRA 14014A)
- Fireman (NAVEDTRA 14104)
- Mathematics, Basic Math, and Algebra (NAVEDTRA 14139)
- Sound Powered Phone Talker (NAVEDTRA 14232)
- Seabee Combat Handbook Vol. 1 (NAVEDTRA 14234A)
- Seabee Combat Handbook Vol. 2 (NAVEDTRA 14234A)
- Tools and Their Uses (NAVEDTRA 14256)
- Naval Instructional Theory (NAVEDTRA 14300A)